Website Influx Recruitment Limited
Our client, one of the fastest growing IT companies in the UK who specialise in IT infrastructure and advanced networking services across the globe.
Based in Edinburgh, they are seeking a Business Development Manager to join their recognised forward thinking team.
The successful candidate will have experience in selling enterprise networking, cloud and connectivity services to a wide range of customers, both in private and public sector. You need to have a positive attitude, welcome challenge and constantly strive for success. You must possess a keen interest in new technology and work independently, demonstrating initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Driving adoption of the Fabrix platform and associated services in select markets within the UK
- Creating and maintaining a sales pipeline required to meet targets
- Generating leads through prospecting, attending events, obtaining referrals from existing customers, and working with partners.
- ‘Owning’ client relationships and client success from initial meeting through successful delivery.
- Maintaining an expert understanding of the technical and business benefits of cloud services, software defined networking, and the Fabrix roadmap.
- Attending training courses in different technologies to make sure the product knowledge is at the highest level
- Regularly attending networking events
- Creating ad hoc internal teams to address client requests – liaising with sales, engineering, solutions architects and management to provide the best solutions for clients.
- Tracking and reporting sales activity and success
Personal Attributes and Key Functions:
- 5+ Years of Sales/Business Development experience in IT industry
- Experience in selling data centre, cloud, UC and TSP services to large SMB, Enterprise and Public Sector customers
- Ability to acquire net new customers and build a substantial sales pipeline
- Ability to produce forecasts, action and account plans
- Ability to engage with clients and prospects to build and develop deep, long-lasting relationships
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities and ‘own’ client success
- Ability to produce proposals, quotations and respond to tenders
- Demonstrable communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills