Financial Controller / Business Manager | Ayrshire | Permanent | Attractive Salary
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established manufacturing business with a small, motivated team. The company exports products internationally and sources raw materials in several countries and currencies.
They are currently enjoying a period of significant change and requires a strong and commercially minded Financial Controller / Business Manager to strengthen the finance function and support the management team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller / Business Manager will manage the day to day financial functions of the company.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining Creditor and Debtors ledger
- Monthly Payroll, VAT and HMRC payments and compliance
- Pension scheme compliance
- Credit control and credit approvals of suppliers
- Producing Management Accounts and working with annual auditors
- Daily Banking and cash flow management
- Budget and cash flow planning
- Maintaining and implementing internal financial controls.
- Supporting the MD in establishing and maintaining an HR process.
- Assisting the MD is compiling board level reports.
- The role will involve significant autonomy and self-management.
The successful candidate is likely to possess a relevant Financial / Accountancy qualification with experience of:
- Managing the day-to-day financial functions of a small to medium sized business
- Implementing & improving systems in an early stage company would be an advantage.
- Running monthly payroll, VAT & HMRC Payments
- Managing a compliant pension scheme
- Producing Management Accounts
This role will initially be part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) with the expectation that it will grow into a full-time position within 6 months.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org